Talent Acquisition Specialist – Nestle, North York
Good Food, Good Life is the very essence of Nestlé. This philosophy can be traced back to our beginnings. The Nestlé Company was founded in 1867 by Henri Nestlé, who developed the first milk-based baby formula. Today, over 150 years later, we are recognized as the world’s largest Food and Beverage Company employing around 280,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world. Nestlé Canada has a wide variety of food, beverage and nutrition products to help you and your family live happier and healthier lives including: Gerber and Good Start, Nescafé, KitKat, Smarties, Aero, Delissio, Häagen-Dazs, Boost, Purina, and Nestlé Waters. Nestlé Canada supports your personal growth with a people-focused culture and a flexible and diverse working environment. Find out why, There is more to Life at Nestlé…
The primary responsibilities for this incumbent is to partner with aligned functions and/or business areas, to manage the recruitment process, provide subject matter expertise and insight, and enable hiring managers to select the best quality candidates at all levels.
- Understand the needs of the client groups and successfully execute the talent acquisition strategy. Deliver high quality talent into the business by successful management of the recruitment process in alignment with our Talent Selection methodology (Strategic Alignment Meeting with line manager, determine sourcing and attraction strategy, ensure effective screening and interview process and coaching line manager with selection decision).
- Become a trusted advisor to hiring managers and Human Resources Business Partners (HRBP) within client groups by providing subject matter expertise to inform activity, developing creative solutions to hiring issues and constructively challenging selection decisions. Take responsibility for ensuring hiring managers are compliant throughout the recruitment process for both internal and external candidates.
- Candidate relationship management. Develop engagement and rapport with candidates, placing a higher degree of focus on those identified as highly suitable for current and future positions. Transfers insight about newly hired candidate, generated from assessment during recruitment process, to HRBP and Talent Management to ensure effective on-boarding and creation of early development plans.
- Demonstrate and advocate the use of relevant technology throughout the recruiting process. Optimize the use of our Applicant Tracking System to manage the recruiting process. Understand and advocate the use of LinkedIn as a vehicle for the attraction and sourcing of active and passive candidates.
- Support driving process improvements to current practices.
- Coordinate with line managers to ensure proper onboarding activated for respective new hires.
- Contribute to team projects/initiatives as assigned.
- A university degree or college diploma in business or related field. Professional Human Resource Designation considered an asset.
- 3+ years high volume corporate function recruiting experience required.
- Able to produce results in a matrixed environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with automated Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong customer service orientation along with a high degree of attention to detail and sensitivity to confidential information. Must be a self-starter and demonstrate total quality in their approach to all assignments.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with a positive, professional style.
- Must demonstrate common sense, good judgment and the ability to think in context to support comprehensive solutions to Human Resources challenges.
- Detail, process and metric oriented.
- Experience with competency based Interviewing.
- Bilingualism (English and French) is preferred.