Senior Developer (.NET) – FINASTRA – MISSISSAUGA
What will you contribute?
The Senior Developer is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing software and .NET application systems for Enhancement Services products. The Senior Developer will be adept at working in a collaborative team environment to implement software requirements and assess feasibility of a solution within time constraints. The Senior Developer is responsible for creating applications that take into consideration all aspects of product development architecture and design; for example: performance; scalability; coding; caching; security; encryption; session state management; error logging; testing; investigate and fix defects. The incumbent will liaise with other developers, leads, quality assurance analysts, product analysts, solution architects and product owner(s) regarding the development and implementation of various applications utilizing appropriate technologies in an Agile environment.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
Your deliverables will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Analyze current business and functional requirements, identify gaps and provide input.
- Plan, design, develop, and deploy new applications and maintain and enhance existing applications.
- Participate in application design sessions and code reviews/walkthroughs to ensure accuracy towards requirements and adherence to development guidelines.
- Develop and unit test moderate to complex programs/modules according to specific business and design requirements in an efficient and accurate manner in order to meet deadlines and exceed customer expectations.
- Deliver well-documented, high quality, cost effective software solutions. Keeps abreast of development technologies, both current and future.
- Support leadership in meeting timelines, implementing work activities, and maintaining artifacts as required.
- Liaise with Technical Lead, Business Analysts, and Product Owner(s) to define software requirements; and to assess feasibility of solution within time constraints.
- Ensure that solutions comply with security standards. Comply with all internal control, data, information, security and company policies and that appropriate precautions are taken. Consistently adhere to the Finastra processes and security standards.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ Years Software Development Experience
- Strong C# / Asp. Net / MVC skillset
- Extensive experience with design patterns.
- SQL (Either SQL SERVER T-SQL or Oracle PL/SQL)
- Entity Framework
- Web API/REST API
- Dependency Injection
- A Sense of Ownership and Pride in work.