||The Quality Specialist reports to the Project Quality Manager and will be responsible for the development of quality associated documentation and processes which comply with customer contract, technical specifications, Code and Standard requirements and local jurisdictional requirements. The Quality Specialist will work closely with Project Management and will be responsible to assist with the development of Comprehensive Work Packages (CWP’s) which includes development of Construction, Inspection & Test Plans (CITP’s).
This development work will be performed in accordance with an Integrated Quality Management Plan (IQMP) and a Project Execution Plan. The Quality Specialist shall identify and report quality problems and problems related to the effective implementation of the IQMP.
||The Quality Specialist is responsible to identify verification, examination, testing requirements. The Quality Specialist shall have direct access to a level of management necessary to ensure that appropriate quality assurance and quality control requirements are implemented. The Quality Specialist is responsible:
- To support Project Site Team on matters pertaining to quality;
- To report conditions affecting quality to the Project Quality Manager;
- Developing the Inspection, Examination & Testing steps and strategically inserting them in the CITP;
- Working collaboratively with the FE, Project Coordinator & Trade Supervisor to complete the CITP or CITP Addendum
- Working collaboratively with Project Coordinators to complete the CWP;
- Route CITP’s or CITP Addendum’s for AI/ANI and the customer’s review & acceptance, where applicable;
- Preparation of History Docket / History File Packages;
- Assist with the review of purchase requisitions;
- Assist with the disposition of NCR’s;
- Assist with implementation of actions associated with documented Corrective Action Reports
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or related field
- Certification(s) in: Quality Engineer (CQE) or Quality Technologist (CQT)
- Experience and knowledge with Nuclear Codes & Standards, and an understanding of Nuclear Safety Culture.
- Project site experience with understanding of DEC’s/DCN’s and development of Comprehensive Work Packages
- Knowledge and experience with Nondestructive Methods and their application
- Knowledge and experience with Weld Procedures, Welding Processes and their application
- Experience interfacing with Project Team members, the AI/ANI and customer representatives
- Experience with working in a Nuclear facility and interfacing with the facility owner