||Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Project Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Project Team. We are seeking a key individual to integrate into our Construction team on a large-scale transportation project in the City of Toronto. The individual will be responsible for project coordination specifically for the “Systems” portion of the work.
This active project is a complete design build project that will deliver a new Light Rail Vehicle route in the city of Toronto along Finch Ave West
- Maintain professional relationships with owner, architect, consultants, subcontractors & public.
- Understand and assist with the continuing education and enforcement of the project’s health & safety program.
- Adhere Site Policy & Procedures Manual and Environmental Policies.
- Be an ambassador of the company both internally and externally.
- Utilize the project management system (e.g. Aconex) for project administration.
- Update project schedules as directed by Construction manager and superintendent.
- Log, review and process all shop drawings.
- Log, process and issue all site instructions and change notices, as directed by the Construction manager, through the project management system.
- Issue contracts and purchase orders as directed by the Construction manager.
- Assist the Construction manager in providing monthly PSR (Performance Status Reports) regarding cost forecast, schedule and cash flows.
- Work with accounting department to ensure project accounting is accurate and timely.
- Assist project manager in monthly progress application process.
- Primary responsibility for all facets of project close-out, including archiving of documents, maintenance and warranty manuals, deficiencies, warranty work and coordinating the return of “as built” drawings from sub-trades.
- Participate in basic layout and field engineering activities, including as built information collection.
- Research and resolve drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences and errors.
- Present design discrepancies to design consultants for resolution, prepare documentation, field design change requests, etc., as required.
- Prepare and maintain punch lists describing work items to be done.
- Assist the team with coordination subcontractor work.
- Liaise with building authorities and regulatory agencies.
- Participate in tender closings.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Education to include a technical college diploma or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in construction on major project preferably P3 projects
- LEED knowledge is an asset
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Outlook, Word, Project and Excel skills.
- Ability to learn the project management system, CGC accounting system Basic presentation skills.
- Experience in systems and LRT