||Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Project Team. This is a 4-month to 16-month co-op placement beginning in January 2020 and is located in the GTA.
- Maintain excellent relationships with owner, architect, consultants, subcontractors & public.
- Implement and Enforce Aecon’s corporate health & safety program.
- Adhere to Aecon’s Site Policy & Procedures Manual and Environmental Policies.
- Be an ambassador of the company both internally and externally.
- Update project schedules as directed by project manager and superintendent.
- Log, process and issue all site instructions and change notices.
- Issue contracts and purchase orders as directed by the project manager.
- Assist project manager in providing monthly PSR (Performance Status Reports) regarding cost forecast, schedule and cash flows.
- Work with accounting department to ensure project accounting is accurate and timely.
- Assist project manager in monthly progress application process.
- Primary responsibility is in all facets of project close-out, including archiving of documents, maintenance and warranty manuals, deficiencies, warranty work and coordinating the return of “as built” drawings from sub-trades.
- Participate in basic layout and field engineering activities.
- Maintain lines and levels – verify as built conditions.
- Prepare punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc.
- Coordinate and designate work to subcontractors.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Currently enrolled in a university or technical college diploma in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Knowledge of all aspects of construction such as; technology, equipment, methods, trade agreements and jurisdiction, engineering, cost control, scheduling and safety requirements
- Good communication, organizational and supervisory skills are essential
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to read and understand Cost Reports
- Basic presentation skills