||Under the general supervision of the Project Director, the Project Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of complex secretarial and administrative tasks requiring a thorough knowledge of company and project policy and procedures. This position requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team exercising judgment and initiative and may be required to provide support for several departments.
- Provide administrative and clerical support with speed and accuracy
- Perform and maintain daily documentation, filing and typing
- Maintain project files
- Proofread documents for correct English usage, grammar and spelling
- Maintain appointment schedules, calendars, and arranges meetings
- Prepare courier and fax material
- Make travel arrangements
- Schedule appointments for various events including organizing meetings, conferences, dinners, etc.
- Suggest and implement improved work methods and systems relating to administrative tasks
- Order office supplies and promotional items for Project
- Maintain resource schedule
- PowerPoint presentations
- Assist other staff in office duties as required
- Perform such other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Project Management
|Required Knowledge & Skills
- Strong computer skills using MS Office Products including PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SNC-Lavalin PM+ Administration and/or Document Control modules would be an asset
- Must be able to deal with sensitive issues in a confidential manner.
- Strong communication skills, dealing tactfully with employees, visitors and customers
- Problem solving, planning and organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks, work to timelines
- Possess several years office related experience
- Knowledge of office methods and procedures, equipment and filing systems, both electronic and manual
- Needs to know the basic organizational structure.
- High school and minimum 1 year business school
|Duration of Contract