The Patient Services Specialist is an integral part of the Patient Services team, responsible for the coordination and delivery of services related to the patient support programs offered by McKesson Specialty.
The role involves interactions with patients, insurance companies, pharmacies, physicians and other health care professionals (HCPs) to explore and obtain coverage for the prescribed medication as well as management of the patient cases.
Section A Specific Responsibilities
• The Patient Services Specialist will be responsible for the timely enrollment of the patient into the Patient Support Program
• Liaise with the patient, insurer and physician regarding the documentation required for maximum reimbursement coverage, including the exploration of all public and private insurers and providing employer escalations as required
• Conduct information and conduct patient financial assessment eligibility based on program guidelines
• Provide responses to general inquiry calls based on information provided as part of the program materials
• Coordination with Specialty and Retail pharmacies to ensure that the patient has access to the required treatment
• Proactively monitor the patient’s file to ensure that reimbursement and financial assistance renewals are done in a timely manner
• Process documents supporting the patient’s care, including infusion reports, lab results, copays
• Receive, record and report Adverse Events as per the Pharmaceutical Manufacturer requirements
• Manage day-to-day program activities (i.e., responding to internal client inquiries and troubleshooting)
• Flexibility to travel across Canada (approx. 20% travel) for training, clinic visits and client meetings
Section B General Responsibilities
• Participate and assist in departmental continuous improvement activities related to process, quality, training, etc
• Maintain service levels in case management, including telephone answer rates, time to initial contact with the patient, Adverse Events reported within twenty-four hours of receipt and any other Key Performance Indicators established as the Program level
• Perform data-entry, answer inbound calls, make outbound calls, manage e-mail and fax software, general administrative functions including faxing, filing,
Section C Competencies
• Experience in the healthcare, pharmaceutical or insurance industry would be an asset
• Strong customer service, communication, problem solving skills required
• Comfortable working in a contact centre environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word/Excel)
• Team Player
• Post-secondary education or equivalent
• Organized with a high attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written skills on English (and French if a Bilingual role)
• Flexibility in working rotational or variety of different hours (hours of operation are 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday)
• NOTE: role can be work from home after six months
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity employer.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
McKesson is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Current employees must apply through internal career site.