Open up to the Possibilities!
At Purolator, you’ll be proud knowing you’re working for a Canadian company that truly values its employees. And it’s community. This is an exciting and evolving industry and we’re leading the change as we strive to deliver the future. Here you will be empowered to help move the business forward. Each and every day. Are you open to the possibilities?
The HR Business Partner role works with project stakeholders to identify requirements to achieve strategic goals through internal changes to organizational capabilities, including changes to policies, processes and information systems.
- Partner with Operations clients to drive proactive employee and labour relations
- Support the delivery and deployment of HR programs and processes and participate in coaching and guiding in functional and cross-functional initiatives (Performance Management, Compensation, Succession Planning, Engagement Survey and the Performance Review Cycle)
- Provides guidance, direction and advice to the client regarding employment related issues including but not limited to the interpretation of the Collective Agreement and Company policies & procedures, attendance management, recruitment & selection strategy, performance management, terminations, strategic planning, and training & development
- Promote a safe and healthy environment and support the management of WSIB, STD and LTD cases and return to work programs.
- Anticipates barriers to success and facilitates proactive resolution that supports a performance driven culture.
- Uses judgment supported by human resource acumen and practical experience to escalate matters as required.
- Contributes to continuous improvements & best practices to influence human resources strategies;
- Ensures that the interests of employees and company are considered in accordance with the Collective Agreement, HR policies and applicable government laws and regulations
- Demonstrates and lives our Corporate Values in everyday decisions
- Equivalent combination of education and employee relations experience and an achievement of CHRP designation or post graduate degree preferred;
- 3-5 years progressive HR experience with demonstrated knowledge in the area of labour relations and client relation management
- Must be strategic, have a good professional presence, and possess strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization with comprehensive consultative, partnering, facilitating, and influencing/negotiating skills
- Strong integrity with ability to maintain confidentiality and manage highly sensitive information
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Solid computer skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint required
- Strong analytic skills and proven ability to problem-solve
- HR systems experience, preferably HR SAP
- Exceptional commitment to customer service with strong sense of urgency
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Must be able to travel to other facilities on a regular basis
Location: Various (Main Location Scarborough with travel to Pickering and Peterborough)
Reports to: Senior HR Business Partner