Consultant, Talent Acquisition 1 year contract – Scotia Bank, Toronto
Requisition ID: 70877
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Scotiabank believes that every customer has the right to become better off. When customers succeed, businesses, communities, and entire societies benefit as well. We’re creating value for our customers, our bank, and the world around us. Join us and become a critical part of the economic and social fabric of the 120 countries in which we operate.
As a Consultant, Talent Acquisition, you will lead end-to-end high volume recruitment and play a critical role in shaping the way our teams are formed across Canada. Join a team that’s focused on innovatively sourcing the best talent, driving a customer-focused mandate, and delivering exceptional candidate experiences.
Are you the right person for the role?
- You are passionate about finding the right talent for the right role. You will tirelessly hunt for talent, unwilling to surrender until you have found the right candidate
- You are always willing to help your teammate, especially when during busy times
- You thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- You are curious and love to learn
- You are dedicated to providing exceptional service to both your hiring managers and your candidates
- You have boundless amounts of energy
- Achieving your goals/targets gives you a great deal of intrinsic satisfaction
What will you do in this role?
- Lead the end-to-end recruitment process, including communication with candidates, assessments, offer management and negotiation, and making the final hiring decisions
- Deliver an exceptional candidate experience, building influential candidate relationships
- Source and attract candidates through various channels and build a pipeline of candidates for key roles and high volume roles
- Interview, assess, and screen candidates
- Manage the background check process attentively
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Champion a high performance environment, meeting metrics and goals, and fostering an inclusive work environment
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- You have 1-3+ years of progressive recruitment experience, preferably in a high volume environment
- You have the ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- You have experience innovatively sourcing candidates through different channels
- You are experienced in behavioural interviewing techniques
- You hold a post-secondary degree or diploma
- It would be great if you are fluent in French and/or Spanish
What we’re offering:
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinker
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- Internal training to support your growth and enhance your skills
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities– for you and our customers
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!