The Laborer perform tasks involving physical labor in an industrial fabrication shop setting. The fabrication shop activities include pipe fabrication, structural fabrication, blasting and painting.
- Operate hand and power tools of all types: grinders, saws, bevellers, sand blasters and a variety of other equipment and instruments.
- Handle material using forklifts, overhead cranes, buggies and carts.
- Receive and identify incoming material.
- Clean and prepare shop areas.
- Assist other craft workers.
- Be willing to learn new skills as Aecon will provide training for this position.
- Successful applicants will be required to become members of the United Association union.
|Required Knowledge & Skills
A Laborer may require any of the following certifications;
- Fall Arrest
- WHMIS Certification
- Overhead Crane Training
- Forklift Training
- Heavy lifting up to 50 lbs
- Ability to use stairs, ladders
- Ability to work long hours per day when required, occasionally in outdoor weather conditions
- Flexibility to work various shifts