|Central Canadian Office
Who We Are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with an over 40-year history of operations across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps 7,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In the United States, the company is represented in 10 markets –Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Phoenix, Tucson, Jacksonville, Orlando (where its US head office is located), Tampa, Sarasota, Naples and Southeast Florida – and in Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as to Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
What We Offer
Mattamy is embarking on a journey to take our experience and leadership as a “community builder” to the next level. This role will be instrumental in helping launch our new Urban Communities initiative leading the next generation of mixed-use urban communities in the GTA.
This opportunity will appeal to those looking to influence and develop the processes and decisions that will shape Mattamy’s future across our GTA operations. This role is ideally suited to an analytical, financially-savvy relationship builder with a passion for developing their career with an industry leader.
- Support due diligence work for potential acquisition activities.
- Use, as well as continually help to improve, a relatively sophisticated proforma to analyze potential acquisition opportunities.
- Research, and critical review of, market data for both land as well as consumer/home end pricing.
- Prepare, analyze and distribute land acquisitions reports and business plan forecasts to senior management and JV partners as required.
- Track current acquisition opportunities, maintain due diligence lists, and take minutes as part of regular and project-specific acquisitions meetings.
- Coordinate acquisitions processes, including completing confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements, assembling internal data rooms, and assisting in communication with, and coordination of, potential partners and due diligence consultants.
- Participate in the strategic planning cycle, valuations and post-acquisition processes.
- Support the larger Mattamy team in making recommendations to the CAC (Capital Allocation Committee).
- Work closely with the Divisional teams to develop modeling and other analysis to drive initiatives, monitor trends, and identify exceptions to create and share improvements across the business.
- Manage and participate in larger Corporate Land Departmental initiatives (database management, digital mapping, policy and process subject matter expert roles, etc.)
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, real estate or a related field is required
- Minimum of 2 years of direct/advancing experience in a similar role
- MBA/CFA or related Finance background is a strong asset
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and financial modelling is required
- Ability to understand detailed legal and technical documents, including identifying relevant financial information and then modeling appropriately in the pro-forma, is required
- Real estate industry experience and interest is highly desirable, including familiarity with current market pricing and norms as well as key competitors, brokers, and other players.
- Experience in land acquisition/divestiture and development analysis is ideal
- Must be self-motivated, independent, and detail-oriented
- Concise writing and presentation skills are required
- Ability to cope in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple tasks and deadlines
- Proven track record of excelling within a team-oriented and collaborative environment
We encourage applicants to apply if they meet many, if not all, of the above qualifications.